At some point, we all need a Change of Life. The question is, are you ready to make the change? Find out if any of these 6 signs are calling for you?
Are you losing interest at work? Or maybe in school? Are you feeling it might be time to distance yourself from certain people in your life? Are your surroundings losing their color? Has your life, perhaps, become a little too 'routine?' Does the fire of life inside of you, feel like it's burning out? If your answer is 'yes' to any of the above, then, a change of life might just be what you need.
A need for a change of life isn't necessarily a bad thing. As we grow older, we learn and experience more of life. As a result, we evolve as beings which eventually leads to the need for change in our lives. Despite what people think, nobody stays exactly the same. For whatever reason, at some point, we all change. Sometimes a change of life happens in instant, other times it takes longer. As beings, we all need change—and should welcome change. The question is: Are you ready for it? Sometimes it can be hard to tell. Is the need 'real' or is it something else? To help you find out, these are the 6 signs telling you, your life is ready for a change.
1. You're BoredDoes life seem to be a bit of yawn? Has it become, maybe, a little dull? Or, has life become just plain boring? Boring in the sense that nothing around you interests you. Nothing around motivates you. Nothing, Nada, Niente, at all, ignites or burns the fire of life inside of you. Be honest. Are you bored? If you are, then take it as a sign that it's time to change it up!
Life is too precious to be moping about, being bored. Sure, it's okay to be bored at times but, not all the time. If you're looking for a spark, then change your routine. Don't think about it. Do it! Go out and try something new. Pick up that guitar you've been neglecting. Or, to adopt a dog that needs a good home. Whatever it is, do something interesting and exciting that will make for a good story to tell.
2. Your Social Preferences have ChangedDo you spend time with others who tend to have a negative or pessimistic attitude? Others who like to do nothing but gossip, whine, and complain about virtually everything! Is being around those types of people becoming dull, frustrating, or unbearable? Are you getting to the point where you would rather distance yourself from these people? Then, these clear 'push' signs are telling you, social changes are due.
Rather than sticking around, do you instead feel more drawn to others with a more positive attitude and outlook? People, who are optimistic, ambitious, and are excited about life? People, that are encouraging, inspiring, and do amazing things? Others that are more like who you want to be? Then, it would seem these ‘pull’ signs are a clear indication that a much-needed change of life is on the horizon. As Jim Rohn once said:
“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with”So, if you don’t like the people you surround yourself with, and who you are when around those people, then it’s time to part ways. Consider what type of social circles you prefer to be associated with and begin to make the move. After all, positive people tend to hang out with other positive people.
3. You Complain... A lot!On a scale of 1 to 10, with  being “I complain about everything – all day every day” and  being “I don’t have the word ‘complain’ in my verbal dictionary”, where would you rate yourself? If you rated 1-4 you’re totally fine and have nothing to be worried about. Rated 5-7? Then, still, not too much to be worried about. Though, you’ll want to keep those levels under control. If you rated 8-10 however, take this as a clear sign a change of life is knocking.
Certainly, if you're complaining about anything and everything in your life then, really, something’s not right. To make it right, figure out what it is you complain about and focus on how you can best change that. Whatever you do, if you're not a happy camper, you want to avoid going around in self-pity looking for sympathy. Instead, realize your complaining is a sign for change and that it’s time to take notice.
4. You Cater to Your SpouseRelationships are about 'give-and-take'. It’s never a one-way street. Some form of reciprocation needs to exist no matter how kind or generous you are. In fact, a relationship can never be truly happy and healthy if you always sacrifice your own needs to accommodate your partner. Chances are, sustaining relationships this way, will eventually wear you out. Can you relate? Is there a relationship of yours that is not measuring up?
If you want to keep the relationship, you’ll both need to figure out a way to make it work. Start by reminding your partner that the two of you are equally important in the relationship. That there are two of you that matter. Do things to look after yourself – and never forget that you too are entitled to your happiness and well-being!
5. You're Always StressedA certain level of stress isn't a bad thing. In fact, some stress is necessary for a healthy body and mind. But, it should not consume your life. Being busy and productive is good, but running yourself ragged without periods of rest, definitely is not. Do you feel like you can't relax because you have too much to do? Do you experience headaches and chest pain? Are you finding it difficult to sleep? If so, you’re stressed. And it’s important you do something about it 'now' before it becomes really serious.
Keep in mind that you can't always help others, no matter how much you may want to. Don’t feel like you have to say ‘yes’ to every request for help or every invitation to an event. If feeling highly stressed is a regular feeling, it’s a sign you need to make a change of life. Trying to sustain a high-level of stress for a long period of time isn’t healthy. So take it as a sign that, you’re ready for changes. Either delegate responsibilities to someone else or, get rid of the things that put you in highly stressed states completely. When you’re ready to make changes, be sure to set aside some regular alone time to relax and decompress before hitting that reset button.
If you feel you are always "stressed out" check out our popular post on How to Relieve Stress.
6. You Feel UnattractiveHave you had the same hairstyle for the past 5, 6, 7 or more years? Have you been wearing the same outfits for nearly as long? Do you take notice of what others wear to the point where you almost want to hide—yourself? Would a new look help put some stride in your step? Maybe even help you feel more attractive? Do you feel you could do with a bit of a fashion makeover? Then, the time has come.
You may not know it but, a fresh new look can dramatically change the way you feel more than you might realize. What you wear should make you feel ready to take on the world! Perhaps it’s been a long-time coming. So, if that’s the case, you deserve this even more! A new look doesn’t have to cost the Earth. For the girls, a new color here, a different shade there. A trip to the hairdresser and maybe a new outfit? Guys, maybe you can do something with the beard, get yourself some new kicks, or perhaps a blazer that makes you feel powerful? Whatever it might be, make it worth it. Make it the new You.
See also: How to Motivate Yourself and KEEP Yourself Motivated.